Monday, November 21, 2011

Ding Dong the Iron is back!

A while back I reported the untimely death of our Iron...it was a sad day, and unfortunate loss and very ill timed as The Husband and I had to travel to DC the following day and we had a ton of clothes that needed ironed before we left...quality hotel irons are so hard to find!
I bought one that I wasn't happy with...to say that I wasn't happy with it is an understatement...it was a piece of shit!

Never ever buy a Rowenta Pro Master Iron DW-8080...it says that it is especially made for tap water...this is Bullshit, every time I hit the steam button it practically snowed on my clothes this is not acceptable...if it says it can use tap water, it should use tap water, not half tap, half distilled, or inexpensive bottled water, but tap water...so I took it back.

Instead I picked up the Rowenta Pressure Iron and Steamer.  Now I was a little hesitant because of the price and the reviews that I read but actually I am very happy with it.  It is probably the closest in comparability to a professional iron.  It irons dinner napkins perfectly and in about 2 minutes, pillowcases are perfectly flat as are the bed sheets...this think is fricken amazeballs!

My next purchase was a garment steamer as our old one was on it's last legs.  I purchased the Rowenta Commercial Garment Steamer.

This fine pieces of machinery has 1550 Watts of power and heats the steam up to a toasty 120 deg. F.  Now why is this information important...The Husband and I can literally rack up over $100 a month in dry cleaning this steamer is a cool $149.99 but add in a $5 off coupon and a 20% off coupon from Bed Bath and Beyond it is actually the same as the shitty Iron I bought above I have already paid for this, second the high steam temperature dissolves wrinkles almost instantly but the high temperature also kills the bacteria that causes odors which works almost just like drycleaning.  You can clean drapes with it, as well as steam your couch or even mattress...I myself, steamed the couch cushions for a good hour and 30 minutes it looks brand new!  and trust me in order to get the cushion covers dry cleaned it would have take two days of no cushions and over $100.

Now, looking at this massive couch, the fact that was able to clean it in an hour and thirty minutes and barely make a dent into the water tank I think speaks for itself!

These two items are fabulous and if you are in the market for such items I give them 5 stars!

Watch your drink,

The Stepford Husband

No comments:

Post a Comment