Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Design on a Dime: Redo your dining room for under $25,000...

The husband and I know a lovely couple Miss M., and Mr. G.,...soon to be married...and they are lucky enough to have just purchased a beautiful home in West Hollywood...as any straight couple should, they consulted their gay's for some decorating ideas.  After hours of scouring through Pinterest I was able to find some fabulous dining room set ups that I think you would love to have in your own home.

Now I have deducted that Miss M.  has a taste for French Provincial and with their new large and square dining room it will fit fabulously!

As always we are going to try and keep this under budget, now with $30,000.00 I hope we can do it, with a room that so many of us have such fond memories in, I would hate to scrimp but; these are tough economic times so bear with me.

Now, I will be using our favorite mail order furniture store Horchow, and I will sneak in a few new gems from a new place I discovered called One Kings Lane...This will be really fun!

LETS GO!

Lido Host Chair...$1,799.00ea.
Natural Dining Table...$2,199.00
4 Maya Armchairs...$999.00 for 2
Viola Mirrored Bar...$5,929.00
2 Gianna Console...$1,279.00ea.
Golden Chandelier...$1875.00
Slate Leiden Curtains...$89.00ea.
6' Barley Twist Rod...$167.00
2 Drapery Rod Rings...$68.00/set
Belvedere Chest...$1,199.00
Dinner service for 8...$664.90
Antique Baroque Flatware...$339.90
Cheers Glassware...$155.40
Azure Cotton Napkins...$114.00
Orchid Napkin Rings...$645.00
8' X 11' Panthea Rug...$649.00
4 Aero Sea Glass Pillow...$556.00
Glass Bottles w/stoppers...$295.00
Perched Birds Table Jar...$575.00
Turquoise Decor. Accents...$86.90
Golden Geometric Tray...$425.00
Swarovski Photo Frame...$270.00
Four Songbird Prints...$425.00
Antique French Floor Mirror...$550.00
Demetrius Mirror...$1,050.00
Four Silver Bird Panels...$1,795.00
Julius Center Piece...$219.00

GRAND TOTAL: $24,633.10
Somehow we came in under $366.90 Maybe I should get another vase?

Since this room is inspired by French Provincial design, I wanted to have a lot of light an airy pieces, such as the bird prints, centered with bright and colorful accents scattered throughout the room...large furniture helps fill up a large room, but by adding mirrors you keep the room from feeling overstuffed or claustrophobic.  The real room I thought of when I designed this is directly visible from the front door, so I wanted a statement chandelier which instantly sets the mood and overflows with class and sophistication, your guests know exactly who their host is from this chandelier. The table has lots of textures and is plush and inviting from the head of the table to the guest chairs and their cushions. The Side tables around the rest of the room serve as additional storage for serving platters china etc...they also allow you to always have a place for fresh flowers to be scattered around, adding to the French theme and filling your home with even more color and the best parts, fresh scents!

Now, I added this fabulous Viola Mirrored bar...it's fantastic!  the front doors slide into the sides so you can pack it with booze then hide the fact that your an alcoholic and yet still be classy while doing it.  These fabulous glass bottles with stoppers are decorative and functional for brandy's decanting etc.




All in all this room is now full of luxurious, comfortable and fashionable pieces, sure to intrigue your guest, and delight the senses almost as much as the fabulous food you will soon be serving...Hopefully!

Now, I wonder if I could do a room almost just like this for under $2,000.00? HAHAHA I know...that's funny, but who wants to see me try?

As Always, if you would like to create this fabulous room or one like it don't forget to visit our friends at Horchow and One Kings Lane!

Watch Your drink,

The Stepford Husband


No comments:

Post a Comment