Monday, November 21, 2011

Pumpkin Soup Recipe

My mother a couple of weeks ago asked if I had a recipe for Pumpkin Soup, I unfortunately didn't but I hit Google and soon found some...I have yet to make it but I thought I would share my find with you and let you be my guinea pigs!  That and I doubt The Husband would like it...

With Thanks Giving a mere four days away I thought that this would be an excellent recipe it is low cost and I am sure very creamy and delicious.

Makes 9 Servings

Ingredients:
6 Cups Chicken Stock
1 1/2 Tsp Salt
4 Cups Pumpkin Puree, or 2 15 oz Cans Pure Pumpkin
1 Tsp Chopped Fresh Parsley
1 Cup Chopped Onion
1/2 Tsp Chopped Fresh Thyme
1 Clove Garlic, Minced
1/2 Cup Heavy Whipping Cream
5 Whole Black Peppercorns

Directions


1. Heat Stock, Salt, pumpkin, onion, thyme, garlic, and peppercorns.  Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low, and simmer for 30 minutes uncovered.
2. Puree the soup in small batches (1 cup at a time) using a food processor or blender.
    PLEASE NOTE:  I believe you could skip this step if you are using canned pumpkin.
3. Return to pan, bring to boil again.  Reduce Heat to low, simmer for another 30 minutes, uncovered. Stir in heavy Cream. Pour into soup bowls and garnish with fresh parsley.

NOTE: If you are watching your waistline you can substitute the 1/2 cup heavy cream with 1/2 cup Fat Free Milk and add about 1 Tbsp Flour or cornstarch...by doing this you can achieve the same creamy and thickened texture that you would with the heavy cream.  You might also be able to make this into a more hearty meal by adding two cubed chicken breasts.

This recipe can be found on Allrecipes.com my tips and tricks cannot but the original can be found by clicking here: http://allrecipes.com/recipe/pumpkin-soup/

Watch Your Drink,

The Stepford Husband


No comments:

Post a Comment